Environmental Stewardship Fund–Grants Available
Thanks to donations and the fundraising sales of the Environmental Stewardship Committee, small grants are available to MNA members for “projects” on a competitive basis. This opportunity allows MNA members to tap into a small source of funds that encourage environmental involvement and action.
The grants will:
- Fund up to $300 per request (total of $500 annually)
- Fund up to 3 requests per fiscal year (Nov. to Nov.)
- Be available until the money is depleted
- Be available for full or partial funding of requests
Applications will be considered immediately upon receipt by the Environmental Stewardship Fund Committee (three MNA board directors and one MNA member).
- Applicant must currently be an MNA member.
- Application must be made using instructions below.
- If the application is granted, the recipient is required to share information and results of action with MNA members within one year, including a written summary for the MNA Newsletter.
Applications will be considered for: grass roots environmental action, including cost for travel, food, lodging, materials and printing costs; attendance at environmental advocacy conferences and workshops i.e. Alternative Energy Fair, Bioregional Workshop, Forestry Best Management Practice Workshop; costs of doing research into environmental problems & solutions costs associated with an organized effort of environmental damage remediation, restoration, stabilization, etc.
Complete the Environmental Stewardship Scholarship Fund Application.
Alternately, questions and answers may be typed up and sent as a Word file (.doc) attachment, or by regular mail to:
Minnesota Naturalists’ Association
P.O. Box 4806
Saint Paul, MN 55101
The annual MNA silent auction (held at the annual conference) raises money for the MNA Scholarship Fund. Scholarships are available to MNA members to help cover all or a portion of conference registration costs. This fund allows MNA members the ability to attend valuable training and networking opportunities at the annual MNA conference.
For questions and more information, send inquiries to: MNAScholarships@gmail.com