PLEASE NOTE: MNA IS IN THE PROCESS OF REVIEWING ITS GIVING GUIDELINES AND AS A RESULT IS NOT ACCEPTING GRANTS APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME.
Small grants are open to MNA members for projects on a competitive basis. This opportunity allows MNA members to tap into a small source of funds that encourages environmental involvement and action.The Grants Will:
10/24/2018 Notice: Because fewer applications were received than the number of scholarships available for this year, we are opening up a brief second window for scholarship applications, until this Friday, October 26 at 5 pm.
Scholarships are available for individuals to attend the Annual MNA Conference. You must be a member of MNA at the time of application to be considered for a scholarship.
Each scholarship covers all regular fees (optional field trips not included) except the $50 conference fee, which is paid by the applicant.
Evaluation will be based on responses provided to all questions on the application. The information provided is confidential and will only be shared within the Scholarship Review Committee.
The scholarship application is due by October 12, 2018. Applicants will receive email notification by October 15, 2018.
The application should be emailed to the MNA Scholarship Committee care of Cody Rossetti at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Scholarship Application >
Grants are now available for 2019! Please see below for details.
The Minnesota Naturalists’ Assocaiation (MNA) has a small grant fund to support our members in furthering environmental education in Minnesota and beyond. Grants will:
· Fund up to $150 per request (total of $300 annually)
· Fund up to 3 requests per fiscal year (Nov. to Nov.)
· Be available until the money is depleted
· Be available for full or partial funding of requests
· Applications will be considered immediately upon receipt by the Grants and Scholarship Committee.
1. Applicant must be a current MNA member. Become a member.
2. Grant money is to be used to further environmental education/interpretation in Minnesota.
3. Applications will be considered for:
a. Education/training opportunities (workshops and classes), educational facilities or supplies not funded by applicant’s employer.
b. Grassroots environmental action, including cost for travel, food, lodging, materials and printing costs; attendance at environmental advocacy conferences and workshops, i.e. Alternative Energy Fair, Bioregional Workshop, Forestry Best Management
c. Costs associated with an organized effort of environmental damage remediation, restoration, stabilization, etc.
4. If the application is granted, the recipient is required to:
a. Share information and results of action with MNA members within one year, including a written summary for the MNA Newsletter
b. In order to receive reimbursements the grant recipient must provide receipts of money spent to the MNA Scholarship and Grants Committee within one year (from the date the grant was awarded)
5. Please complete the our application form below and email it along with any supplemental materials to email@example.com