Scholarships are now open for the 2021 conference!
Scholarships are available for individuals to attend the Annual MNA Conference. You must be a member of MNA at the time of application to be considered for a scholarship.
Each scholarship covers all but $20, which is paid by the applicant. Optional field trip fees are not covered and must be paid by the applicant.
Evaluation will be based on responses provided to all questions on the application. The information provided is confidential and will only be shared within the Scholarship Review Committee.
Grants are now available. Please see below for details.
The Minnesota Naturalists’ Association (MNA) has a small grant fund to support our members in furthering environmental education in Minnesota and beyond. Grants will:
· Fund up to $150 per request (total of $300 annually)
· Fund up to 3 requests per fiscal year (Nov. to Nov.)
· Be available until the money is depleted
· Be available for full or partial funding of requests
· Applications will be considered immediately upon receipt by the Grants and Scholarship Committee.
1. Applicant must be a current MNA member. Visit our membership page for more info about becoming a member.
2. Grant money is to be used to further environmental education/interpretation in Minnesota.
3. Applications will be considered for:
a. Education/training opportunities (workshops and classes), educational facilities or supplies not funded by applicant’s employer.
b. Grassroots environmental action, including cost for travel, food, lodging, materials and printing costs; attendance at environmental advocacy
c. Costs associated with an organized effort of environmental damage, remediation, restoration, stabilization, etc.
4. If the application is granted, the recipient is required to:
a. Share information and results of action with MNA members within one year, including a written summary for the MNA Newsletter
b. In order to receive reimbursements the grant recipient must provide receipts of money spent to the MNA Scholarship and Grants Committee
5. Please complete the our application form below and email it along with any supplemental materials to MNAmembership at gmail.com with Small Grant Application in the subject line.